AFTER LASER HAIR REMOVAL
• Avoid exposing skin to UV light (sunlight or sunbeds) or self-tan for at least 2 weeks after treatment. This is to minimise darkening of the skin (hyperpigmentation).
• Avoid heat treatments such as spas, steam rooms and saunas for 7 days.
• Avoid excessive scrubbing or applying pressure to the skin for 4-5 days. This is to allow the treated skin to recover and to prevent any infection.
• Avoid shaving the treated area for 72 hours after treatment.
• Avoid exercising for at least 48 hours.
• Avoid hot baths and hot showers for 48 hours.
• Avoid anything that involves chlorine (e.g. swimming) for 48 hours.
• Avoid make-up on the treated area for at least 48 hours.
• Avoid the application of perfumed products or bleaching creams for 48 hours.
• Avoid scratching the treatment area if blistering or crusting occurs, as this can cause scarring.
• Avoid waxing, tweezing and threading for the complete duration of the treatment course.
And here’s what to do after your treatment and between sessions:
• Do apply an ice-pack on the treated area to reduce pain, discomfort or irritation.
• Do apply aloe vera gel or calming creams for 3 days after the treatment.
• Do wear loose clothes to avoid friction on the treated area for 48 hours.
• Do keep treated area clean and dry for 48 hours.
• Do drink plenty of water.
• Do use at least SPF 50 sunscreen with Zinc for at least 2 weeks.